Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sustiva Dreams


This is the first real day on meds, just over 24 hours. I have noticed few side effects, certainly nothing that worries me at this point. But the dreams...

They are certainly more than I expected. They are more real, more vivid - not at all surreal. It's difficult to separate them from reality when I wake up - that's how real they are.

I was out walking around today in the sun and heat with my friend Mark. The hear really drained me, so I came home and took a nap. The nap ended up feeling a lot more like sleep, and the dreams came. I dreamed my father had just undergone surgery for an abdominal cancer, and the news wasn't good. It bothered me a lot - they said that he would die from the tumors.

I don't dream about my father that much, any of my parents or family really, so this was more than a little surprising. I had to tell myself when I woke up that none of it was real.

Other than the dreams, I feel more tired than usual, but I guess that is to be expected. I don't feel sick or queasy - I think I thought I would, so I am glad that isn't the case.

I find myself wondering... I know these meds are powerful. I wonder how fast my viral load count is going down. How long would it be before I would really see a difference? Will I feel a difference?

I have friends who had extremely high viral loads going into therapy, and they say that they feel so much better. My viral load was really fairly low in comparison, so I don't know if I should expect to feel 'better' or not. I hope so - it would be great to feel more energy, better mood, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home