Saturday, May 20, 2006

Morning thoughts...

I've been up since before 6 this morning. It just seems to be a set time for me to be up, regardless of when I go to bed - which was about 11:30 last night. Too much TV to catch up on. Will & Grace finale - again - as well as the Sci-fi shows on Friday night that a geek like me loves. Yes. I am a geek. There. I've admitted it - out of the closet... again.

A lot of life seems to be about what we admit about ourselves to other people. Regardless of audience, we invariably edit ourselves to some degree - some less than others, but still. Think of when you fart - unless you are in the company of your drunken frat buddies, how many people will freely admit it? Just a thought. I don't think this is a bad thing - in many ways it is good. It keeps up with social conventions and eases stress. We are all human - and part of being human is having little things about us that aren't pretty, at least to everyone. Who we show these things to depends on how much we trust the other person.

So - I am gay (duh), I have HIV (um - yeah), I like sci-fi, I am a geek, and I have a fondness for zombie movies - oh - and yes... I occasionally fart. But don't expect me to admit it at the time if there are multiple people in the room...

This morning I am on my way to see my therapist. I have been seeing him for about 6 months. He has helped me through some difficult times over the last half year. I have mentioned before, I tend to keep a small group of good friends, so it is good to have someone listen to my issues, pain, concerns etc without placing judgement. I think that having someone removed from me a bit will give more objective advice as well.

I feel pretty good this morning. I was whining to myself about the coconut / supplement mixture again last night. I don't mind swallowing flavorless pills - but it is such a pain to have to heat, mix up and drink such a vile mixture. It damn well better be doing me some good. I believe it is - so I will keep doing it until proven otherwise. My mood though right now, is good - even though I had to drink that crap yet again. For some reason it's easier to handle in the morning - less tired and settled I guess.

The plan for the day is just to keep moving - getting things done before I travel this week. You know - the mundane daily chore stuff that I talked about yesterday. Laundry, dishes, cleaning etc. I do plan on going out tonight with my friend Mark, so I will use that as a goal and something to look forward to.

More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home