Friday, May 19, 2006

About me

The part of online chat rooms that I hate the most is when they ask me to describe myself. The physical part is easy - easily quantifiable. The less tangible stuff is 180 degrees from that for me. Beyond my favorite color - which changes day to day - I am stumped.

I have an easier time just typing as things pop into my head. So maybe if I try this, you will get an idea of what I am like as a person.

I like being physically active - but it would be wrong to say that I work out. I like moving around and seeing the world move around me. I like seeing people when I am out and about, moving past me but not directly interacting. I like biking - but more in touring mode than racing. I like swimming because after a while - it almost feels like I am meditating. I like being able to think when I do things - and the things I like to think don't include, "one more rep". I like being in shape, but moderation is the key for me, not doing penance at the gym. And I certainly don't feel like I have to go to the gym to be an attractive person. It isn't about that for me.

I like movies - most people do - but I like movies that make me think and question how I look at the world. Donnie Darko would be a good example of that for me. I Heart Huckabees is another favorite. Musical tastes run the gamut, but I really don't care for most rap.

As a person - I have heard myself described as complex. I don't feel complex - but I guess I can see where some people get that impression. In most public places, I come across as pretty shy. But depending on the situation - I can be downright bold. In a bar - shy, but in a meat-market bar - bold. In that kind of situation I go after what I want. At least I used to. I am not really sure how I would be in that situation today.

I am quiet and introspective. I am not an introvert, but I like to keep a small group of close friends as opposed to a large group of acquaintances. If I feel criticized or attacked, I get quiet. It isn't that I don't have things to say- there are just usually so many things to say - I don't know what to say 1st.

I am pretty simple in my likes and dislikes. I was brought up in a well-to-do family and always had nice things around. But I don't feel the need to have expensive or styling objects at this point. I don't spend god awful amounts of money on clothes - and labels don't mean a thing to me.

I am not a huge fan of Thai food other than once in a while, but really - I don't avoid any food, but I tend to like Italian / Mexican / tapas more than others. Steak once in a while. Chicken is a staple practically.

I am close to my family and friends, and I see them in much the same way. You may not always like what they do or say, but they remain. Once I make a commitment like that, it's hard to let go. Friends are easier than family - you get to choose who your friends are - and rarely do they upset me to the point where I get angry, but there is always forgiveness when that happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home