Saturday, May 20, 2006

Approaching normal...

The day got better, chatted with some people, did some chores etc. I need to just do the daily things to keep going, to keep life ordinary in these strange days. There is so much to think about, so many different things grabbing for my attention - it's hard to keep up. I want things to be as normal as possible - but I wonder if it ever will be, or if there is going to be some new definition for that term.

I don't expect a perfect life, but the best any of us can hope for is to approach perfection, it can never be reached. The energy required to get there is too immense - and to stay there is damned near impossible. I think of normal in pretty much the same way. There is no normal for anyone. And let's face it - normal, while nice sometimes, can get pretty boring. But right now, simple boring would be a nice change of pace. I hate drama, so why do I feel like I am living in a soap opera these days?

The characters are all there... the plots are complex and hard to keep up with... frequent commercial breaks. I should look around my apartment and see if there are any hidden cameras. That is a joke of course, but you get the idea. I guess my biggest complaint with having a soap opera life these days, is that there is never a happy ending - there is always some twist at the last second.

So, the title for this entry is misleading. There is no normal right now, there is no perfection. But I can try to reach for it and hope that bits and pieces fall back into place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home