Friday, July 07, 2006

Hello again

It's been a few days since I have posted. There are multiple reasons - work, play, more work, but the number one reason is that not much has changed since I last wrote here.

I continue to experience anxiety - less frequently, but when it does hit - it hits so hard. I feel shakey and nervous, and it feels like I can feel my heart beating hard. I feel my pulse, but it doesn't seem to be any different than before, so I guess it's just the nerves.

I am at 3 weeks today with the Truvada / Sustiva combo, and all in all, I have to say that I am pleased that the side effects have not been worse. I have not missed a dose. I came close once, but remembered as I was drifting off to sleep. The cheif complaint remains that pesky anxiety. I feel it now, have since I woke up pretty much. It just feels like something is wrong that I can't quite put my finger on, and it builds and builds.

I took some magnolia bark and another supplement to help me relax about a half hour ago, so I hope that will nip it in the bud. I continue to take the antidepressant as well. I hope these things will start to kick in soon. There is still some work I need to do for my work project, as well as expense reports that are piling up. I hope that will occupy me enough that I can keep from getting to wrapped up in what my body and brain are telling me.

4 Comments:

At 6:21 PM, Blogger Rista said...

Hey, how are you doing? haven't seen recent posts. Holla when you're ready.

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan,
I am very sorry to hear about your diagnosis but I think you are handling things exactly right by educating yourself as well as others in the process. I believe you will live to see the day when there is an HIV cure. There are many people who have been living with HIV for 20 years; some before HAART was available. Keep the faith and DON'T MISS A DOSE.

I did have one question... you mentioend in one of your videos that prior to taking your Truvada/Sustiva combination you took a supplement that seemed to reduce your viral load by 40%. Can you say what the supplement was? I am not HIV+ but am curious since I didn't think there were any effective over-the-counter remedies.

Thanks,
Graham

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger ARIS GRIEGO said...

It's not a comment, really, but to telll you I am in the same position, I mean, I am 47, recently diagnosed, and praying not to have to take drugs, even if I know I'll have to take them some day. Please, tell me why you are not writing in your blogspot. Mine is in Spanish, soooooo- I think you won't be eager to read it, lol.

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Single Guy said...

Hey Dan. Great blog. I really admire you for sharing your journey and story with all of us.

I look forward to keeping up with your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home