Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July

I have family visiting, so finding time to post has been fairly limited. That is a good thing, we have been busy with the usual holiday stuff. Nothing major, nice relaxing, boring at times...

I decided not to tell my family anything about my status at this point. It's too early. I would rather wait and see how my body is going to respond to the HIV meds before telling them. I mean, I would like to say - I am undetectable and not having any side-effects, etc so that they don't worry too much. Worrying will be inevitable, but I would like to think good news would minimize it.

I continue to have issues with anxiety - the antidepressant and anti-anxiety meds are helping to mask it to the point the family havn't mentioned it, but it gets difficult at times. Today is hard I think - because it feels more like a Sunday to me. I know that they will be leaving tomorrow and I will have work to do and be stuck inside for lengths of time. Just a big come down after the visit.

As far as side-effects, the break out seems to be letting up and the anxiety is managable. I was more worried about GI upset while they are visiting, but that hasn't been an issue yet, and a minor one since starting the meds. I continue to hope that the anxiety will respond to the antidepressant and time.

I am looking forward to some degree to having my space back tomorrow, and having more time to write.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home